Wednesday, July 15, 2009

An easy way to keep your pet busy

If you have a cat, you probably don’t have much trouble unless you have a dog that is trapped in a cat body. I have 2 Yorkshire terriers that constantly need attention. They fight for a spot on my lap. They want the same piece of treat even though I give both of them the same treat.

If one is on the couch and the other is on the floor, the one on the couch will jump on the other which is on the floor then a war starts. I had been complaining about this and luckily I finally found the way to end all this. So if you have the same issue, here is how to keep your dog busy and occupied.

Many people talk about stuffing peanut butter in a Kong toy but do you know that if you freeze your stuffed Kong before giving it to your dog, it will take longer time for him or her to lick the peanut better out. Besides peanut butter, you can use mashed cooked pumpkin, mashed banana or apple sauce.


For me, my favorite trick is to stuff a piece of dog biscuit in a rubber chew-toy, like those in the image. It takes longer time for my dogs to get it out. I personally think that it is harder than getting peanut butter out of a Kong toy. If you do not have one already, you have no need to buy one. You can use the core of bathroom tissue and add a treat in side. Close both ends tight and now you got a recyclable treat toy! The core of bathroom tissue is good for tiny to medium dog. If you have a large dog, perhaps a core of paper towel will do the trick.

If you have some good tips to share, please send your ideas to newsletter@krazyforpets.com or you can just say hi. All of us at Krazy For Pets likes to hear from you.

See you in our next newsletter!
- Mom of crazy Yorkies

0 comments:

Post a Comment